Certified OSH (COSH) Practitioner
The Certificate is designed to meet different needs. Current OHS practitioners may take the COSH program to add to their OHS credentials. Many people looking for a career change take the COSH program to gain entry to the OHS field.
Who needs this qualification?
This Certification is designed to help practitioners from different backgrounds develop the broad base of competencies needed to be effective in the development, implementation, and evaluation of occupational health and safety programs and systems.
The program provides knowledge relevant to all workplaces:
- accident causation, analysis and investigation
- auditing safety management systems
- communication strategies
- disability management
- OHS programming
- organizational behaviour and leadership
- risk analysis and hazard control
The course will enable the practitioner to
- Gain solid knowledge and practical skills related to current OHS&E practices
- Upon completion of the OHS, certificate holders will meet the formal education requirements for certification. OHS&E employment and experience requirements must also be met in order to be eligible for certification.